Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Yesterday, in the United States, 49 out of 50 states had snow on the ground. With more winter storms on the way up north, it’s little wonder that Baja California Sur is such a popular choice during the winter months. If you’re curious to know more about our climate and weather during the winter, here’s a summary:
– Average daytime temperatures in December, January and February are in the 70s with occasional days in the low 80s.
– Average night time temperatures are in the low to mid 60s.
– The sun shines almost every day, with passing weather systems bringing the occasional overcast day (1 or 2 days per month). Don’t worry, it almost never rains.
– The ocean temperature drops from its summertime temperature in the high 80s to the mid 70s, still nice and comfortable for most watersports without wearing a wetsuit.
– We have a fairly even mix of breezy and calm days. While the winter northerly breeze draws windsurfers and kite surfers from all over the world to the area, it also makes for extremely comfortable weather for golfing, exploring the mountains, riding ATVs or going for a stroll on the beach. By contrast, the calm days provide excellent conditions for boating, fishing, snorkeling and more.
Here is a selection of photos taken over the past few weeks that should give you an idea of our winter climate.